Starting a new state in the Bucket List series today. Maine is split into 8 distinct travel regions, but two are smaller lists, so the bucket list series for Maine will be shared in seven installments. Today we head into a region filled with one of our favorite things: lighthouses!
- Wood Island Lighthouse: Reached only by boat, but visible from a walking trail.
- Goat Island Lighthouse: Reached only by boat or visible by small park.
- Whaleback Light: Visible from shore in several places.
- Marginal Way: Beautiful coastaline walk.
- Hamilton House: Georgian style mansion built in the late 1700’s by a rich shipping merchant.
- Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge: Enjoy time among the salt water marshes.
- Boon Island Light: Accessed only by boat.
- Cape Neddick Light: Another lighthouse accessed only by boat.
- Mount Agamenticus: Access the views from this peak by driving to the top in this park.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner