Heading into the area that is super high on my overall bucket list for the United States as this is home to Acadia National Park! Of course, as we are still along the coast, there also are a lot of lighthouses again.
- North Island Light: Located at the end of the bay, it is best viewed by boat.
- Bass Harbor Head Light: Located on the southern tip of Mount Desert Island.
- Blue Hill Bay Light: View only by boat.
- Whitlocks Mill Light: Can view from a Rest Area off Route 1.
- Dice Head: View only by boat.
- Petit Manan Light: View only by boat.
- Little River Light: Best viewed from a cruise.
- Eagle Island Light: View only by boat.
- Telephone Museum: Shows the history of the telephone and its impact on the economy.
- Great Duck Island Light: View only by boat.
- Mount Desert Rock Light: Use as whale research station, view by boat.
Isle au Haut
- Isle au Haut Light: Accessible by ferry. Only grounds open to public.
- Baker Island Light: View only by boat.
- Moose Peak Light: Get a distant view from Great Wass Island.
Little Deer Isle
- Pumpkin Island Light: View from the mainland.
- Lubec Channel Light: View distantly from shore.
- West Quoddy Head Light: Visit the grounds and keeper’s house musuem.
- Libby Island Light: View only by boat.
- Narraguagus Light: View only by boat.
- Acadia National Park: Beautiful park for hiking and scenic ocean coast views.
- Bear Island Light: View only by boat.
- Prospect Harbor Light: Located on military base, but can be viewed from the base entrance.
- Wendell Gilley Museum of Bird Carving: Beautiful wood artwork of birds can be viewed at this one-of-a-kind art museum.
- Deer Island Thorofare Light: View only by boat.
- Burnt Coat Harbor Light: Grounds open to public and can be reached by ferry.
- Egg Rock Light: View only by boat.
- Winter Harbor Light: View only by boat.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner.