Moving on to a region I can’t wait to visit someday! Niagara Falls has been on my Bucket List since I was young.
- Akron Falls Park: Beautiful park that features a 40 ft waterfall.
- Golden Hill State Park: Sits on the shores of Lake Ontario and features a lighthouse.
- Thirty Mile Point Lighthouse: Lighthouse within Golden Hill State Park.
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens: Expansive gardens to enjoy in the Buffalo area.
- Buffalo and Erie Country Naval and Military Park: Expansive museum where guests can tour 3 naval ships.
- Buffalo Harbor State Park: Take in stunning views of Lake Erie.
- Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site: This is where Teddy Roosevelt took the oath of office following McKinley’s assassination.
- Letchworth State Park: Known as the “Grand Canyon of the East,” this gorge features several waterfalls.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Graycliff: Lakeside summer estate designed by the great architect.
- Millard Fillmore House: Home of the 13th President of the United States.
- Original Kazoo Company, Factory, Museum and Gift Shop: Take a tour of the factory that designed the first ever metal kazoos.
- Buckhorn Island State Park: Park preserves meadows, woods, and marsh land.
- Oak Orchard Lighthouse: Learn the history of this lighthouse located on the point extending into Lake Ontario.
- Jell-o Gallery Museum: Museum dedicated to the history of that jiggly dessert.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Three levels of exhibits about the history and life along the Erie Canal.
- Lockport Cave and Underground Boat Ride: Take this boat tour through the Erie canal and its caves and tunnels.
- Lockport Locks and Erie Canal Cruises: Take a ride along the Erie Canal.
- Devil’s Hole State Park: Overlooks the Devil’s Hole Rapids.
- Niagara Falls Observation Tower: Allows you to view both Niagara Falls and Horseshoe Falls from the same spot.
- Niagara Falls State Park: Take in views of Niagara Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Horseshoe Falls at the oldest state park in the nation.
- Whirlpool State Park: Overlooks the Niagara Whirlpool located in Niagara Gorge.
- Wilson Tuscarora State Park: Park has trails to explore and is located on the south shore of Lake Ontario.
- Fort Niagara State Park: Park is oldest continuously operated military site on the continent. Old Fort Niagara is open for tours within the park.
All attractions found at iloveny.com