Today we begin to explore Upstate New York and travel into the region around the Hudson River Valley.
- Mount Gulian Historic Site: Visit this reconstructed Dutch manor house that takes you back to colonial times.
- Bear Mountain State Park: This park offers hiking opportunities with sweeping views of the Hudson River Valley.
- Buttermilk Falls Country Park: Hike this one mile loop to view the falls.
- Hudson Highlands State Park: Hike the mountains along the river for some gorgeous views!
- Taconic State Park: This mountainous park also features some fun waterfalls!
Cornwall on Hudson
- Storm King Park: Hike these trails for nice views of the Hudson and Catskills.
- Croton Gorge Park: This park features the dam and spillway and makes a great picnic spot.
- Bannerman Castle: Tour this castle located on an Island in the Hudson.
- Fort Montgomery State Historic Site: Fort built along the Hudson for use during the American Revolution.
- Art Omi: Large avant-garde sculpture park.
- High Tor State Park: Offers gorgeous views of the Hudson.
- Walkway over the Hudson State Historic Park: Cross the Hudson on the longest elevated pedestrian bridge in the world.
- Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site: Designed to celebrate the life and accomplishments of Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum: Museum dedicated to the presidency of FDR.
- Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site: This house was the birthplace, lifelong home, and burial site to FDR.
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site: Built by one of the first families of wealth in America.
- John Jay Homestead State Historic Site: Preserves the home of John Jay, author of some of the Federalist papers and first Chief Justice of the United States.
- Minnewaska State Park Preserve: Gorgeous hiking spot that includes a waterfall.
- Martin Van Buren National Historic Site: Visit the home of the 8th president of the United States.
- Roudout Lighthouse: One of the still functioning lighthouses marking the Roudout Creek.
- Senate House State Historic Site: Site of New York’s First Constitutional Convention met during the Revolutionary War.
- Schunnemunk Mountain State Park: Picturesque mountain hiking area.
- Washington’s Headquarters State Historic Site: Visit the place where Washington headquartered along the Hudson.
- Storm King Art Center: Visit this open air art museum.
- Tri-State Overlook: This point allows views of New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
- Stony Point Battlefield State Historic Site: American Revolution Battle Site.
- Sterling Forest State Park: Beautiful area to escape the bustle of the city.
- Knox’s Headquarters State Historic Site: Headquarters for General Knox during the American Revolution.
- United States Military Academy at West Point: Tour the famed military academy.
All attractions found at iloveny.com