Moving into our second to last region of Michigan today and hitting up the Detroit area!
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens: Gorgeous gardens owned by the University of Michigan.
- Arab American National Museum: First museum in the world dedicated to Arab history and culture.
- Henry Ford Estate-Fair Lane: Estate of Ford Motor founder.
- The Henry Ford Museum: Visit this museum of innovation.
- Detroit River Light: Light located on the south pier.
- Ford Field: Home of the Detroit Lions.
- GM Renaissance Center: Set of 7 skyscrapers that form the Detroit skyline and are home to GM headquarters.
- Historic Fort Wayne: Old fort located along the Detroit River.
- The Parade Company: Take a tour of the floats used in Detroit’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- William Livingstone Memorial Light: This lighthouse was built on the east end of an island near Detroit.
- Grosse Ile North Channel Front Range Lighthouse: Two lights work together to protect this channel.
- Malcolm X Homesite Marker: First memorial marker for a public figure in Lansing.
- Michigan History Center: Learn all about the history of the state.
- State Capitol Building: Tour the state’s capitol building.
- River Raisin National Battlefield Park: Only National Battlefield to mark a site from the War of 1812.
- Detroit Zoo: Explore all the fun species of animals that call this zoo home.
All attractions found on http://www.michigan.org