Today we head into our final Wisconsin region before heading into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Today’s focus is the Northwest Regions, a region Andrew and I spent some time a few years back!
- Copper Falls State Park: This gorgeous park has a great loop trail that gives some nice views of the falls!
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center: Visit this small museum for some tips about the area and take in the view from their observation deck.
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore: Take a trip out to Madeline Island and explore this beautiful area along Lake Superior.
- Bayfield Maritime Museum: This unique museum features the nautical history of the Apostle Islands.
- Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company: Take a tour of this famous brewery.
- Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park: Living history site dedicated to fur trading.
- Willow River State Park: State park known for the beautiful Willow Falls.
- Big Bay State Park: Located on Madeline Island, the largest of the Apostle Islands.
- Timm’s Hill County Park: Timm’s Hill is the highest point in the state of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Concrete Park: Sculpture park filled with over 200 concrete statues.
- Glen Park: Beautiful city park with a nice walking trail.
- Kinnickinnic State Park: Enjoy this park located where the Kinnickinnic and St. Croix Rivers meet.
- Amnicon Falls State Park: Explore this park that has several waterfalls. Lots of fun short trails lead to them!
- Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum: Museum dedicated to the history of the canoe.
- Crystal Cave: Take a tour of this gorgeous cave.
St. Croix Falls
- Interstate State Park: Hike along trails in this park that straddles the Wisconsin/Minnesota border and features unique geological formations.
- St. Croix National Scenic Riverway Center: Stop by the Headquarters of this scenic riverway and learn about the history and culture of the river.
- Pattison State Park: Features the highest waterfalls in Wisconsin.
- SS Meteor Maritime Museum: This maritime museum features an 1896 freighter ship.
All attractions found in the Travel Wisconsin Travel Guide.