Today we head into the Northeast Region of Wisconsin which is another popular tourist area with the famed Door County area! I’m a day behind this week since yesterday we were asked to use appliances minimally to help our southern neighbors get power restored faster! My laptop is getting old and always needs to be plugged in when using it, so I made the sacrifice and it means you’ll get a special Saturday post you don’t normally get!
- Governor Thompson State Park: Enjoy time on the Peshtigo River or along the shoreline of a few small lakes in this park!
- Newport State Park: This park is a Dark Sky park located along the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse: This adorable lighthouse is located within Peninsula State Park and is perched high above Green Bay.
- Peninsula State Park: Gorgeous wooded park located along the shores of Green Bay.
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame: If you are a Packer fan, this is a must see location for great history on the team!
- Lambeau Field: Home of the Green Bay Packer football team.
- The Tugboat “Ludington”: Explore this WWII tugboat.
- Council Grounds State Park: Wooded park along the Wisconsin River.
- Copper Culture State Park: Site preserves the area where the Copper Complex people once resided.
- Peshtigo Fire Museum: Stop in a learn about the infamous fire that ravaged the area back in the day.
- Cave Point Country Park: Gorgeous park area along the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Door County Maritime Museum: Explore the maritime history of the lake and bay area.
- Potawatomi State Park: Wooded park located along Sturgeon Bay, a bay within Green Bay.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park: Preserves the most substantial sand dunes on the Western shore of Lake Michigan.
- Northwoods Petroleum Museum: Fun memorabilia that details the history of petroleum.
- Three Lakes Winery: Known for it’s cranberry wines, you also can take a tour of their facilities.
- Rock Island State Park: Accessible by ferry, this is a primitive island of Lake Michigan.
- World’s Largest Penny: Check out this fun roadside oddity that has a unique history.
All attractions found in the Travel Wisconsin Travel Guide.