Headed into another corner of the state today, this time on the Mississippi River side. Today we explore southeast Iowa.
- Snake Alley: Built in 1894, this “unbelievably crooked” street as since been recognized by Ripley’s Believe it or Not.
- Swinging Bridge: Popular roadside attraction, this swinging bridge is in a beautiful area.
- Old Fort Madison: First U.S. Military fort in the Upper Mississippi region.
- George M. Verity Riverboat Museum: Paddleboat built by the U.S. government to revive river transportation.
- Keokuk Observation Deck: Overlook the bridge, river, and lock and dam area.
- Swedish American Museum: Museum is dedicated to the first Swedish immigrants who settled in the area.
All attractions found in the Travel Iowa Vacation Guide.