Today we move on to the next state in our Bucket List Series….Arkansas! I have been through and visited Arkansas three different times and have love all of my visits! It’s a beautiful state with lots more to offer than I ever expected. Making these lists as shown me that clearly I need to visit again a few more times!
- Popeye Statue: Unique statue dedicated to the famous cartoon character.
- Historic Beaver Bridge: Rare suspension bridge in Arkansas.
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art: I’ve heard so many great things about this beautiful museum.
- The Walmart Museum: This museum is rather small, but it was so unique to visit and I recommend it to anyone.
- Buffalo National River: We went hiking along this river in March when it was snowing. It was such a beautiful area.
- National Commemorative Site: This monument dedicates the first public school to integrate in the south.
- The Great Passion Play: A unique experience held in the summer months.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: This botanical garden features 12 themed gardens.
- Clinton House Museum: Museum found in the Clinton’s first house.
- Fort Smith National Historic Park: This park is found on the Arkansas River, with Oklahoma just across the way. I highly suggest planning to spend a lengthy time at this historic site.
- Withrow Springs State Park: Park that has a beautiful waterfall.
- Reed Mountain Park, Dam Overlook and River Bluff Nature Trail: Great place for a short hike.
- Arkansas Historic Wine Museum: I love visiting wineries, so I think visiting a museum dedicated to wine would be fun!
- Mount Magazine State Park: This park is home to the highest peak in the state.
- Pea Ridge National Military Park: When we visited it was incredibly chilly, so we did most of our viewing from the car, but there were some great scenic overlooks in this mountainous area.
- Haw Creek Falls Recreation Area: This stream boast hikes along falls.
- Pedestal Rocks Scenic Area: This area is known for it’s unique rock formations and a waterfall.
- Daisy Airgun Museum: I figure Andrew would be interested in checking out this museum.
- Devil’s Den State Park: This park was built by the CCC and also is home to another waterfall.
All attractions found in the 2018 Arkansas Travel Guide.