This post in our Oklahoma Bucket List series may be a bit larger due to the state capital of Oklahoma City falling into this region.
- Pops: This diner is located along Route 66 and is known for it’s hundreds of sodas you can choose from.
- Native American Muffler Man: Muffler Men were notorious along Route 66 back in the day.
- Route 66 Interpretive Center: Another stop along the Mother Road.
- Lincoln Motel: Features cottage style lodging along Route 66.
- Historic Phillips 66 Filling Station: Cottage style gas station.
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank: Another roadside oddity, a water tank designed to look like a Sonic Cup.
- Native Spirits Winery: Just outside of the capital city, this winery offers a little something for any wine taster.
- Greetings from OKC Mural: A fun work of art to check out.
- International Gymnastics Hall of Fame: I love watching gymnastics during the summer Olympics, so I have a feeling this would be neat to see.
- Milk Bottle Building: Oddity located along Route 66.
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum: While in Oklahoma it only makes sense to check out cowboy heritage.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum: Museum and memorial dedicated to the OKC bombing.
- Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden: Two things I love to visit!
- Oklahoma History Center: I always like to discover things about another state’s history.
- Oklahoma State Capitol: A must when visiting any capital city.
- Oklahoma! Bricktown Mural: Art dedicated to the famous musical. Plus I’ve heard Bricktown is a fun area to visit.
- Route 66 Park: Of course another stop along the Mother Road that can’t be missed.
- Oklahoma Oil Museum: This is right up there with cowboys….Oklahoma is also known for it’s oil so I figure this is another must see.
- Rock Cafe: This cafe along Route 66 helped inspire the character of Sally in Disney/Pixar’s “Cars”
- Braum’s Family Farm: Braum’s is a local fast food joint, but this allows you to see the making of their ice cream.
- Chisholm Trail Watering Hole and Historic Marker: Home to another famous marker along the Chisholm Trail.
All attractions found in the 2018 Oklahoma Travel Guide.